Thursday, July 31, 2008

David Young's Interactive Mathematics Resources


David Young has developed a high quality collection of interactive resources, primarily, but not solely, for algebra and pre-algebra. My favorites are the Graphing Linear Equations modules, which teach and then provide guided practice in graphing by plotting points, graphing using intercepts, and graphing using the slope-intercept method. A student worksheet to go along with these modules is provided as well. There's also lots worth exploring here beyond the applets. For example, there is a nice PowerPoint template for Jeopardy-style review and a video which shows you how to create your own applet using the free and versatile Geogebra.

1 comment:

David said...

Thanks for the link to my site. As you could probably tell, I have fallen way behind in my blog. I'm glad to see someone is doing something similar and keeping up with it better than I am. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or comments on any of the content on my site (you can find my email address there).

-David Young